The Western Ontario Wardens’ Caucus (WOWC) has long appreciated the contributions that economic development makes to the sustainability of the region and it’s constituent municipalities. With that objective in mind, it has worked to garner substantial levels of funding and support that has helped to build a stronger local and regional economy.
The WOWC in partnership with the Western Ontario Community Futures Corporation Association (WOCFDCA) is now championing a regional Economic Development Strategic Plan. This work is the result of extensive stakeholder consultation and dialogue, with businesses and representatives of key economic development stakeholders.
This plan emphasizes a regional and collaborative approach to dealing with the implications of a transforming economy and focuses on identifying cross-cutting regional economic development opportunities that have implications for all aspects of the Southwestern Ontario economy.
- Identify opportunities to advance the economy of Southwestern Ontario that also leverages the ongoing efforts of WOWC.
- Improve the underlying conditions for economic development throughout the region.
- Generate a series of actions at the regional level that enables the creation of jobs, wealth and investment across the region.
Value in Regional Approach
- The resources and influence brought to bear on key economic development issues are significantly enhanced.
- A regional view of sectors, markets, infrastructure, labour force reflects the reality of supply chains.
- Effective stakeholder engagement provides a unique opportunity for discussion of local issues and opportunities with larger economic implications.
- Identifies and leverages the efforts of regional economic development partners and organizations.
- Builds on the leadership of WOWC in addressing elements required for economic prosperity
To view the strategy click the link below