The Western Ontario Wardens’ Caucus is looking for a Manager of Government Relations.
The purpose of the role Manager of Government Relations for the Western Ontario Wardens’ Caucus is to support the policy and advocacy work of the organization. This role will report to Secretary and the position will support activities related to policy, communications, government engagement, and advocacy more broadly. The role would be well-suited to a multi-faceted, versatile, ambitious, creative, and curious candidate with an in- depth knowledge of Ontario’s political and policy climate.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Tact, diplomacy and sound judgment;
- Knowledge of Ontario’s political and policy climate including key stakeholders and relevant issues;
- Experience with and detailed knowledge of the Ontario municipal sector;
- High level of accuracy and attention to details;
- Some familiarity with the role of the Western Ontario Wardens Caucus in advancing policy on behalf of municipalities;
- Work related to communications, policy, stakeholder relations, and/or member-based organization activities;
- University degree from an accredited institution.
The position offers a salary of $57,000.00 at a part time capacity
Please forward your letter of application and resume by 4:30 pm on Friday October 23, 2020 to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca
To be considered for this position, please ensure that
- Email subject is “2020 – Manager of Government Relations”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one PDF file
- The PDF file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. Jane Smith)
Posted – October 2, 2020
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
To see the complete job details visit: https://lnkd.in/gvePRNU